Smoked Salmon with Poached Egg, Roe, & Asparagus
Smoked Salmon with Poached Egg, Roe, & Asparagus is a nutrient-dense and satiating breakfast, brunch, or anytime meal. A perfect meal-prep choice as every component can be made in advance and then assembled quickly.
- Wild Smoked salmon
- Poached eggs (1 or 2 per person)
- Roasted or grilled asparagus
- Basil pesto (or hollandaise)
- Olive oil (or lard)
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- (Optional) wild Salmon Roe
- (Optional) Fresh dill
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Poach the desired amount of eggs. 1-2 poached eggs per person, per meal, is a safe amount.
- Coat your asparagus in olive oil or lard.
- Add a pinch of sea salt.
- If roasting: preheat your oven to 400°
- Assemble the asparagus on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 12-15 minutes or just until tender.
- If grilling: preheat your grill to med-high and grill the asparagus directly on the grates for 5-10 minutes, until they have some char.
- Add a splash of balsamic vinegar for some nice acidity.
- Assemble your recipe: place 5-6 stalks of asparagus on a plate, top with the smoked salmon, 1-2 poached eggs, and the basil pesto or hollandaise sauce. Top with a teaspoon of salmon roe, fresh dill, and a crack of fresh black pepper to taste.
Hollandaise sauce cannot be made in advance if meal-prepping.
You can add minced fresh garlic or roasted garlic to the asparagus if desired.
Goat cheese is another nice topping.